How and When to Potty Train?
The NHS website has a good guideline for parents to advice them on Potty Training. Please remember that every child is different so try to not compare your little one with other children.
As a guideline, you should note the following timelines:
- by age 1, most babies have stopped doing poos at night
- by age 2, some children will be dry during the day, but this is still quite early
- by age 3, you should expect children to be dry most days
- by age 4, most children are reliably dry during the day
You can try to work out when your child is ready to Potty Training if you can see the following signs:
- Your child knows they’ve got a wet or dirty nappy
- There is at least an hour between peeing and your child might even tell you when its happening (because they are aware)
- Your child will show you they need to pee (either by fidgeting or going somewhere to hide)
- Your child knows they need to pee and will say so in advance
BrightBots Potty Training Pants
The BrightBots Potty Training Pants have a PUL lining and terry toweling absorbency layer in the gusset area that is waterproof, breathes and is soft and flexible. These potty training pants make leaks even more unlikely and give a little extra protection. The washable pants are designed to look and feel like ‘big boys and girls’ pants unlike a disposable nappy or pull on.
BrightBots have designed the Washable Potty Training Pants. This range helps your child progress through potty training by ensuring your child feels wet if there is an accident and therefore helping them to learn that they need to go to the toilet. The additional absorbency will help with small accidents and help build confidence.
The colourful range is also appealing to children with a wide selection of 12 colours to choose from.
There are four different sizes to choose from.
Size small would fit a 12-month-old. An extra large is ideal for up to around four years of age.
Why choose BrightBots?
“Our use of the very highest quality materials means they are comfortable, well-fitting and most importantly for parents, the additional layers to the gusset zone mean the pants still feel wet to the child but contain those little accidents very nicely!”
The BrightBots range also includes Undies for those just past the potty-training stage who still value the comfort and bright colours. There are also colourful cloth nappy options in muslin squares and Terry squares. Click here to discover more about the BrightBots range.